SaaS - Project Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Software Technology - Financial Services Sector. Good role
The Project Manager reports into the head of Project Management of this innovative SaaS / Technology focused company, however you will also closely with the Account Managers to make sure projects succeed. .
You will work closely with a Lead Business Analyst and Lead Developer - from a task management point of view for the project rather than line management perspective.
Focus of the role:
The Project Manager working closely with the Account Manager will be responsible for the commercial aspects of the project and managing client expectations and building a strong client/ supplier relationship.
The Project Manager is responsible for scoping the way the project will be run (calculating work days, allocating a team structure (or managing client’s expectations in this regard), setting and managing deadlines and monitoring work in progress against such deadlines and budgets.
Rather than focusing on methodologies (Prince 2 etc), or a rigid way of working, this business likes to see their Project Managers getting to grips with the overall project objectives, assessing the best way to manage a particular client, and then taking ownership of and involvement in the deliverables.
They like to foster a working environment where accountability and ownership are with the individual. In working as part of a team the PM needs to balance delegation to the team whilst still focusing attention on the detail.
So a Project Manager at this SaaS firm has to :
- Be prepared to take ownership of and pride in the deliverables
- Be a support to the team and take an active role in resolving problems as well as ensuring thoroughness before signing off on any processes
- Must be prepared to do the routine admin as much as handling the more challenging client engagement activities
- Work to a strict credo of delivering to time and budget deadlines
- Be hands-on rather than hands-off
- Be confident and able to lead, come up with solutions, pre-empt problems, and support team members through the crunch period rather than leaving them to their own devices and letting morale slip
- Be able to work in an environment that is not driven by methodologies, and is rather driven by the dynamics of the particular project or client, and hence be flexible in how he/ she approaches the scoping of different project plans
What will the ideal candidate look like?
- A good match of the this PM fit: well qualified, appropriate 'vendor fit’, focused on deliverables even if that means picking up an activity / process that falls 'beyond the job description
- Strong and persuasive communicator, able to delegate and inspire, lead and influence (clients, team and management)
- Possibly a developer who moved into PM or a business analyst who moved into PM, OR someone with a good appreciation of the challenges that developers and BAs live with
- Extremely well organised and methodical in their approach ; detail-driven
- Highly motivated and able to drive their own career growth (i.e. entrepreneurial fit)
IS THIS YOU? IF SO, PLEASE DO APPLY - Basic to £60k, good benefits package. Smart & modern offices.