About Volvo Cars
Would you like a career with Volvo Cars, and to be part of our vision to be the world’s most desired and progressive premium car brand?
Would you like work with people who have a passion for customers and cars, in a role which challenges you and which commands respect?
We are a 102-strong dealership network, supported by Volvo Car UK’s head office in Maidenhead, and a training centre in Daventry. We welcome enthusiastic, customer-focused applicants for roles in our growing business.
Since 1927, Volvo Cars’ philosophy has been to put people first. This applies both to our customers and to our team. We are passionate about Volvo’s role in the motor industry; delivering pioneering innovations that protect people and make life simpler. This is at the heart of everything we do. It’s what makes us different from other car companies. We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment.
Squire Furneaux Guildford are looking for a Product Specialist who will take pride in bringing Volvo Cars’ brand values to life, making people feel valued and respected while maximising business opportunities.
Ours is an established business, offering a consistent, premium customer experience that our customers trust and can rely on. We look after our team by offering an excellent benefits package and career development opportunities
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated individual with experience in a customer centric role. They will be able to demonstrate a passion for delivering a great customer experience combined with a genuine interest in Volvo Cars, and the tenacity to continue to grow their skills and knowledge.
They will need to form effective working relationships within both sales and aftersales departments as well as customers. Our Team goal is to offer the highest level of customer satisfaction as possible in all areas.
The role is to support customers and the sales team primarily in the following areas:
- Providing customers with specific and relevant information about new and used Volvo cars, accessories and merchandise
- Planning and performing product presentations to customers on new and used cars.
- Supporting the planning, managing and delivery of test drives.
- Offering additional product insight to both sales and aftersales customers.
- Managing retailer product display and accessory merchandising
- Planning, managing and delivering customer handovers for new and used cars
- Strong communicator - Capable of conversing with others pleasantly, clearly and effectively
- Knowledge of sales processes, including the ability to fully and accurately qualify customer needs.
- Be able to drive a variety of vehicles in a calm, safe and reassuring manner. Be able to demonstrate a history of driving free from excessive infringements and offences.
- Up-to-date knowledge of customer legislation, regulations and trade practices as well as vehicle legislation as it affects the industry.
- Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm at all times to engage in training and personal development.
Alongside a generous basic salary of £18,000 you can also earn a customer satisfaction bonus that could take your earning up to £20,000 per annum. You will also have the use of a company car plus 28 days holidays per year (includes bank holidays).
Hours of work are 8.30am to 6pm Monday – Friday and Saturday 8.30am – 5pm (You will receive a day off in lieu for working Saturday).
We select the very best applicants to join our business, and in return we will work with you to develop your career. We want you to shine – and we look forward to helping you do so.
If your application is successful, you will be enrolled on a personalised Volvo Cars induction programme, designed to give you all the skills and knowledge needed to deliver a premium experience to all our customers. This will be a blend of product, systems, and skills training including instructor led courses at Volvo Car UK’s Training and Development Centre in Northamptonshire, e-learning and self-study.
And it doesn’t stop there – you will have access to the Volvo Cars Performance Academy to keep your knowledge and skills in tip top condition throughout your career.