This a great role for a candidate looking for a step up in responsibility working for a luxury retail brand.
The company high calibre Management Accountant to join a hardworking but fun finance department within a global advertising network. The successful candidate will need to work efficiently, have a proactive "continuous improvement" approach and an excellent attention to detail. Expect to roll up your sleeves to action various tasks including regular reporting, forecasting, and longer term planning. This position will also involve providing insightful ad-hoc analysis focused on overall profitability and improving and driving performance of the business.
A successful candidate for this role will have duties which include:
- Responsible for transaction management, month end close, annual budget and quarterly forecasts including preparing and processing recurring journals (including payroll), identifying and processing non-recurring journals and preparing commentary for variances
- Rigorous implementation of revenue recognition processes by client and project.
- Manage Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Timesheet management
- Prepare reports and schedules as required for audits
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and priorities for the accounting function
- Produce schedules and summary presentations for business decisions and ad hoc requests.
- Participate in non-routine projects such as process re-engineering, cross functional projects, reconciliations , system implementations
- Take ownership of process improvements. Document and assess current processes on an ongoing basis to ensure efficiency and effectiveness are maximized.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and industry to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate agency financial processes and controls
- Partner with client team leaders to ensure development and integrity of data/information to be incorporated into financial results
A successful candidate for this role will have a profile similar to:
- Educated to graduate level
- Studying towards - CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Shared services useful
- Effective oral and written communications
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to always comfortably achieve deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills, including Advanced Excel
- Recent SAP reporting (e.g. Magnitude, Cartesis, ICS)
- Foreign currency
- General Ledger Accounting
- Responsible - willing to take personal ownership of tasks for delivery against deadlines
- Quick learner
- Pleasant disposition
- Must be an effective problem solver with ability to identify and investigate potential problems and provide timely preventative solutions
- Well organized and good at planning ahead.
A successful candidate will be offered:
£30,000 - £34,000