Finance Business Partner
2 days left
- Full Time
Local Government, Part qualified accountant, qualified accountant, management accountant, service accountant
This is a great opportunity to join the Finance team or a local council, as a Business Partner supporting the Planning, Performance and Control Team. This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to work across various aspects of local government finance.
The Finance and Performance team supports the council strategically through Business Partnering, combined with statutory and transactional accounting responsibilities.
They are a friendly cohesive vibrant team that works well together on challenges and continually looks for opportunities both internally and externally.The role will involve directly managing two Business Advisors and providing support across the wider team to facilitate the delivery of financial and performance monitoring and forecasts, budget setting, final accounts preparation, project appraisal, input into business cases and financial support and advice on various projects.
- a CCAB qualified accountant or CCAB finalist;
- experience of financial and performance monitoring and budget setting;
- experience of final accounts preparation;
- experience of providing advice and appraisal on projects and business cases;
- experience of using computerised accounting systems;
- advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel;
- an analytical approach with excellent attention to detail;
- good organisational and time management skills;
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; and
- a proactive approach to problem solving.
In return they offer a benefits package which includes a competitive salary and pension scheme, discounts on supermarkets and high street shops, cashback on holidays, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and money off household bills together with flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities and generous annual leave entitlement.
This role requires you to work in both Bury St Edmunds, and Mildenhall.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.