Account Director - £60k
4 days left
- Full Time
A leading customer engagement agency are looking for an Account Director to work across Digital, Direct and Social.
As an Account Director, you will manage a team that delivers large and complex client solutions. You will build strong client relationships that are open and mutually beneficial, enabling you to be a hugely valued contributor within our clients marketing plan. You will ensure that your team is delivering committed business to the highest quality, within agreed timescales.
You will work collaboratively and constructively with our expert teams to ensure that our work is of the highest quality and that we harness all the expertise in our business. You'll be an effective negotiator with the ability to compromise when required. You will always take a cross-company view.
You will lead effectiveness of our internal delivery processes and by doing so maintain client profitability. You will have a commercial focus and ensure the forecasting and budgeting process is accurate.
Key duties and responsibilities by area
- Commercials (income, profitability, cash flow, and negotiation)
- Build up and negotiate commercials so that the outcome is acceptable to the Client and the agency and gain Client commitment
- Own financials for your Clients, maximising income and profitability on all accounts
- Make interventions when required to preserve the profitability of individual campaigns/projects
- Ensure a regular process is in place for reviewing Client profitability and action with internal expert teams as and when necessary including warning of any changes to cash flow
- Responsible for negotiating account commercials
- Manage and motivate your direct reports and the wider Client Services team to ensure that delivery is accurate, timely and profitable
- Develop SMART objectives for all direct reports
- Undertake the appraisal process for direct reports and have regular 121s with them to ensure adequate direction and feedback. Where required, develop personal development plans for direct reports.
- Work with senior members of the team to ensure training and development is in place for all members of the Client Services team
- Forward plan resource to ensure that potential bottlenecks are foreseen and addressed
- Ensure you possess a rounded view of Client workload and the ability to reconcile your personal objectives with wider company priorities, in order to manage resource conflicts across the business
- Lead by example, motivating and inspiring the team.
- Identify and lead CS initiatives
- Develop strong Client relationships at all levels and be seen as a trusted partner. Take responsibility for Client relationships
- Address any issues (campaign and relationship based) immediately to ensure a mutually acceptable resolution
- Ensure clear and frequent communication with teams (direct and internal expert teams) so they are clear on Client expectations
- Be responsible for ensuring that the delivery process runs smoothly and all outputs (internal and Client facing) are delivered to a high quality
- Follow internal workflow procedures, identifying issues and suggesting improvements where required
- Address resource conflicts and likely overruns and devise and implement appropriate solutions
- Be able to talk about it with confidence in front of Clients and integrate it into all proposals
- Create and present proposals, campaign plans and creative/data strategies to Clients (alongside other colleagues as appropriate)
Client Development and New Business
- Understand the Client's industry sector, their market position and company objectives, and use to identify and forward development opportunities
- Understand the consumers, products, and channels of the Client's business and look for opportunities to broaden our services
- Identify development opportunities with Clients and produce robust Client proposals, with a view to developing relationships
- Engage internal expert teams to fulfil development opportunities
- Work closely with MPs to create Client Development Plans and annual budget setting
- Win new business, writing proposals, building cost scenarios, producing case studies and attending pitches
Required skills and experience
- Graduate level
- Managing a team of at least 3
- Multi sector experience - proficient in strategic planning, CRM, insight development, data, media, creative, digital and brand - with inevitable specialisms in certain areas.
- Proven experience of developing and managing effective and efficient Client Services teams.
- Proven experience of managing Client profitability targets and generating income.
- Proven experience of developing senior Client relationships.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining excellent inter-departmental working relationships and practices with internal teams.
- Proven ability to delegate and oversee multiple projects ensuring consistent delivery on time/ budget.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to exceed Client expectations.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.