Senior ASIC Design Engineer - Edinburgh
Enigma People Solutions has an immediate vacancy for an Senior ASIC Design Engineer for an outstanding Edinburgh-based electronics client working at the forefront of their field in the development of new and innovative technology.
Working as a senior ASIC design engineer within the Optoelectronics team, you will be involved in the design of mixed signal CMOS ASIC design and delivery within the critical optoelectronic front end (OFE)system. The initial work will be on the creation and delivery of a new generation of integrated mixed signal analogue devices, and thereafter, you will grow and expand that technology to enable next-generation systems. These ASIC devices will require a range of compact, low power circuit elements including ultra-low noise amplifiers, ADCs, DACs, and high voltage bias supplies.
The core responsibilities include:
- Work within the optoelectronic team and with other technical stakeholders to establish and agree analogue ASIC technical specification and design requirements as part of OFE
- Establish detailed design simulations for analogue ASIC
- Liaise with external design partners and process foundries to realise CMOS design solutions
- Develop test and verification plans to prove out designs
- Work with analogue and digital design engineers to define the long term technical ASIC roadmap, with initial emphasis on the delivery of the current devices plus evolution of future options
- Strong background and understanding in the design, development and validation of CMOS analogue/mixed-signal products including high voltage
- Proven track record of delivery and commercial success
- Excellent working knowledge of foundry and design simulation/verification environments and design tools
- Good systems knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with excellent numerical skills
- Proven team-player with the demonstrable ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Electronics and/or Electrical Engineering with substantial relevant professional experience in mixed signal CMOS circuit design
- Previous experience of working with outsource design partners
- Knowledge of optoelectronics or telecoms systems design
Apply today by clicking the button below!