Trade Counter Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
How would you like to work for a company rated 'Outstanding’ by its employees? Can you apply our values of Loyalty, Integrity and Ambition into any task you undertake and every customer you meet and promote our goals of 'Best Products, Best Price and Best Service’?
As a 'Trade Only’ supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 40 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs 250 employees over 32 sites in the Southern Home Counties.
Williams & Co is proud to be a Living Wage Foundation Employer, and we are looking for an experienced Trade Counter Assistant. If you feel you have the skills and attributes to succeed in this role, please apply now!
4 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays (increases with length of service)
Private Medical Insurance (After qualifying period)
Death in Service of 4 x annual salary
Training and Development
Opportunity for shared ownership
Employee Assistance Programme
IMPORTANT - As part of our recruitment & selection policy candidates are required to bring ONE of the following documents to interview:
- EU or UK Passport or Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Registration, or a Biometric Residence Permit, and/or immigration documents issued by the Home Office where relevant
The main purpose of the role is to supply customers with all their plumbing requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving customers on the trade counter
- Answering of telephones
- Assistance in the warehouse when required
- Replenishing stock and keeping from on house presentable
- Computer operation including assistance with day to day paperwork
- Previous trade counter experience
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Physically fit as role includes some heavy lifting