Office and Finance Assistant - central London training company
3 days left
- Full Time
To assist the Global Head of Operations in the managing, processing and troubleshooting of company accounts and transactions, while assisting with the smooth running of the Speak First office and IT systems.
£18,000 - £22,000
A global communications training company based in London is looking for a motivated individual to join their team as Office and Finance Assistant. They will be required to support finance in the processing, creation and communication of accounts and transactions, while maintaining the high standard of the Speak First office, ensuring the smooth running of the IT.
The individual must have good self-management and organisational skills, have a strong knowledge of computers and be comfortable in researching.
Speak First is a small company which is growing fast. Due to the nature of the business there are lots of opportunities for training and personal development. The working environment is fun, energetic and relaxed. Applicants must be prepared to work within the company’s values and to meet high standards and expectations.
Skills and character
Team work and collaboration, excellent communication skills both written and oral, attention to detail and through approach to your work, good interpersonal and rapport-building skills, ability to self-manage with good time management are all essential for success. You must demonstrate evidence of self-development and personal growth. You will be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude. You will be highly computer literate, willing to learn and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ensuring finance details from clients are accurate for prompt invoicing
- Raising sales invoices and processing purchase invoices
- Chasing outstanding payments from debtors
- Checking invoices against aged creditors/debtors and statements
- Sending out remittance advices
- Compiling payment runs
- Updating cashflow reports
- Dealing with client and supplier queries
- Filing financial paperwork and documentation
- Assisting with analysis projects
- Ensuring all office areas are kept clean and presentable, and rooms are prepared for meetings
- Maintaining the office to a high standard and assisting with arranging any necessary repairs
- Handing team IT support queries, liaising with the remote support supplier
- Setting up new furniture, computer equipment, PCs, tablets and mobiles
- Researching supplier contracts and purchases, and managing existing relationships
- Keeping stationery and kitchen supplies fully stocked
- Acting as receptionist for visitors and serving refreshments to guests
- Handling mail, posting and couriering
- Administrating open courses by ordering catering, preparing and maintaining the facilities, greeting delegates on arrival and serving refreshments throughout the day
- Undertaking other tasks as requested to support other members of the wider team
- Experience working in an office environment
- Interest in IT and very experienced in Word, Excel, databases and comfortable in using computers to research. Experience of working with Sage an advantage
- Problem solving, can-do attitude to getting things done
- Ability to flexibly manage your workload effectively and respond to others requests in a timely manner
- Track record of working proactively to create good working relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- High standard of oral communication. Good listening skills
- Attention to detail and thorough approach
- A-Level qualifications or equivalent managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.