Sous Chef - £27K Live in Available
4 days left
- Full Time
Sous Chef - Eastbourne - £27K - experience of working in a 4/5 star hotel with banqueting experience - Accomodation available
Working in the main busy kitchen this hotel Restaurant specialises in modern English cuisine. Additionally we cater for Banqueting for up to 350 covers along with a busy lounge and room service operation.
- You will be supporting the Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef in the smooth running of the five star kitchen operation working five days over seven.
- An opportunity to put your own stamp on the restaurant by contributing to menu writing and planning, which will also involve managing stock control and adhering to food cost guidelines.
- Your chance to pass on what you know to others - we have a keen interest in developing the chefs of the future and as such we are looking for people who are passionate about training apprentices and work experience students to inspire them in to the industry.
- Staff accommodation can be arranged to aid relocation
Experience you must have
- Relevant experience in a similar position in a quality operation - may suit an experienced Chef de Partie with the right skills and attitude or an existing Sous Chef looking to take the next step in a larger operation who possesses a creative menu compilation
- A high level of understanding of health and safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen and the ability to enforce this with the team - if you do not have your Level 3 Food Safety certificate, this can be arranged.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and have the ability to work under pressure, especially with multiple functions happening simultaneously.
Salary and benefits include
- Free meals on duty
- Chef whites and safety shoes provided
- Private medical insurance
- Financial support with industry qualifications
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Excellent staff rate of £50 Bed & Breakfast in any of the four Elite Hotels, subject to availability
- An attractive room rate for friends and family with a 50% discount off our selling price
- 30% discount on food, drinks and spa treatments
- A share in the Company Gratuities scheme
- An Employee Assistance program managed by Hospitality Action, including a free confidential counselling help line.
- A childcare voucher scheme
Must be living and working in the UK.