Accounts Payable Manager
KennedyPearce are recruitnig for a FTSE 100 Telecommunications business in London are looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Manager with responsibility over a large team across multiple regions.
As the Senior Accounts Payable Manager you'll be responsible for motivating and transforming a team of 15-20+ people to expertly deliver on the P2P transformation journey, a demanding day to day activity and a thorough clean up exercise. You'll also be expected to put in processes, controls & systems to facilitate all invoices, expenses & credit notes are processed and paid on time, working closely with Procurement.
- Set up the AP team for success in the future with the right resources and team structure
- Develop and manage key metrics for monitoring and improving the delivery of an efficient and effective AP department to ensure all invoices, expenses and credit notes are paid on time
- Proactively manage day to day queries and / or escalations from suppliers / employees / internal customers relating to invoices and payments and follow through to resolution
- Investigate repeat issues such as rejected payments and put in place a robust solution to fix i
- Set up proper month end routines around reviews of the ledger and clean up the ledgers to a "current" status
- To own the implementation of the P2P transformation within the AP team, delivering best practise standard processes, with supporting controls across both locations and business units
- Ensure the team are following the documented Accounts Payable process and procedures, whilst identifying areas for continuous improvement and / or compliance
- Ensure all payment runs are processed by the team on a timely basis, with the correct documentation and approvals
- Manage P2P authorisation and approval controls according to the business authorisation levels policy
- Management of the Concur T&E processes for validation of coding claim line items and payments made directly by Concur for employee personal card reimbursement
- Acting as business system owner of Concur (changes, support, queries, business guidelines/procedures)
- Keep SAP updated by closing Suppliers who have been inactive for a period of time and adding / removing employees as users / authorisers as applicable and in line the authorisations policy
- Carry out regular one to one meetings with each team member to review progress on objectives, current workloads and overall performance alongside interim and annual appraisals, within the agreed timetable, to include setting SMART objectives for following year
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will have used SAP before & have proven experience of managing and developing a large department, ideally within multiple locations.