Assistant Relationship Manager - Commercial Banking
5 days left
- Full Time
A UK-wide pure commercial bank with a high-street business only presence. As part of our strategy we are developing our business across a broad range of sectors and geographies. We are now seeking a colleague to join us and to make a difference in helping us achieve our growth. This role is a great career development opportunity working in the capital city of Wales.
The role will allow the successful candidate to gain and develop strong expertise in both relationship management as well as business development, focused on large commercial and mid corporate level businesses.
We also aim to make the company one of the best places to work - a place where the very best people want to come and develop their careers.
Working as part of a team, the role will involve the management of both existing client customer relationships as well as a strong focus towards business development activities undertaken by the team. This will include planning, research and analysis with full involvement at all stages of the credit process including preparation of credit papers and the subsequent workflow through to drawdown of facilities for clients. The candidate will need to attend customer meetings and networking events, with an expectation that they would work towards building their own network over time.
Your next challenge
- Manage all credit matters for existing customer portfolio, to include managing review schedule, increased borrowing requests, amendments and compliance monitoring.
- Maintain strong relationships with customer base, prospects and KBIs.
- Deliver a first class customer service and experience.
- Attend new business meetings and prepare credit papers based on discussions.
- Stay updated on current issues and trends, with attendance at appropriate internal and external events.
- Maintain a strong culture of compliance, controls and operational, credit and risk policies and procedures.
What you’ll need
- 2+ Years Commercial/Corporate Banking experience.
- Good Credit experience gained in a Relationship Management and/or Credit role, including writing credit papers.
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Interest in developing an expertise with regards to credit assessment and external contacts.
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills, together with the ability to manage databases and the bank’s IT systems.
What else should you demonstrate?
As part of the selection process, the successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the competencies reflected below.
- Lending, Credit Analysis & Decisioning - Analyse the credit and risk implications of credit proposals and make well-informed lending decisions to grow profitable business
- Customer Relationship Management - Engaging the Customer and adding value
- Communication and Influencing - genuine two-way communication to achieve consensus and progress
- Planning and Priority Setting - getting things done effectively and efficiently
- Teamwork and collaboration - working together to deliver results