Senior Planner - P6
- Full Time
I have a great opportunity for a Senior P6 Planner to work with two of the UK's largest Civil Engineering/Infrastructure contractors on a Multi Million Pound Rail Infrastructure Project. You will be working with a highly professional and skilled team helping deliver this flagship project to high spec and standard.
Apart from having the opportunity to work on one of Europe's top Infrastructure Projects you will also be earmarked for future projects due to these Contractors already securing a strong Order Book.
As a Senior P6 Planner you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, design, procurement, and site works
- Optimise the influence of the Programme and project Planning in achieving the objectives. To liaise with the Project team, the client, subcontractors, suppliers, third parties and designers on all matters relating to planning, and ensure that they understand the requirements, constraints and risks associated with the Programme
- To understand what factors drive progress, and advise on actions required to meet the project milestones, incorporate these factors into the programme, and ensure that there is an acceptable level of programme risk
- To supply any planning outputs required. To advise the client where these have an effect on his works and Programme (that are not in our scope)
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress. Advise where factors are effecting the programme
- Provide the planning service for Project procurement, including monthly review of the Procurement schedule, and Enquiry programmes for Subcontracts
- Ensure that the delivery team understand the requirements of the programme including regular reviews with the Project team
- Input progress into the programme to produce the 4 weekly progress reports, including programme activity variance against the Baseline and previous report, SPI, CPI and Earned Value curves
- Office based as an integral part of the project team
- Check Monitor site progress, assimilate progress for activities on the programme that have or should have progressed in the period, present progress to the Client/Project team, and agree any changes to the programme required before issuing the revised programme.
- Maintain look ahead programmes and advise on implications to both Client & Project Team
- Consider and discuss alternatives and programme improvements
- Contribute to Risk Assessment and review of programme and method. Provide the Client with information to run Risk analysis of the programme
- Champions good planning practice by all involved in the project
- Maintain the as-built programme, be able to tell the story of what happened and why
- Provide supervision, mentoring and coaching to Planners & Graduates/Trainees
- Assess/advise resource issues that are critical to the programme
- Understands and is able to produce Project Controls
- Primavera P6 experience is essential.
- Appropriate Degree (desirable) / HNC (minimum).
- CSCS card required.
- Extensive industry experience in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex programme to the wider team to ensure accuracy of information.
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis.
- Other software Microsoft applications including Excel, Powerpoint, Word is desirable
Salary and Benefits:
- £55-65k basic salary + package (depending on qualifications/experience)
- Company Car/Car Allowance (conditions apply)
- London Weighting Allowance
- Travel paid from home to site (conditions apply)
- DC Pension
- Private Healthcare (single cover)
- 25 days holiday
- 25 Days holiday
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior P6 Planner to work on one of Europe's largest infrastructure projects with an established and prestigious leading Civil Engineering Contractor.
Randstad CPE also offer a referral fee for any successfully placed candidates. If you have any friends that are also looking, pass on their details and you shall be rewarded!
If you are interested in this position please send your CV
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.