Financial Controller - 3 days
- Part Time
An opportunity exists to join one of South Wales’s leading group of companies. The candidate would have a proven track record in working within the private sector and would be part/fully qualified with strong Excel skills and an in depth working experience of Sage. The position would be based in Newport but would have responsibilities across South Wales. This role is part time 3 days per week
Weekly Accounting Function
- Oversee the Purchase Ledger function ensuring all entries are made in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Review creditors on a weekly basis to ensure all suppliers are paid in line with their credit terms.
- Oversee the Sales ledger function to ensure that all customers are invoiced on time and ensure the debtor ledger is managed in line with the company’s procedures.
- Liaise with the commercial team to ensure all revenue streams have been invoiced in line with commercial agreements.
- Update and manage Cash, including bank and petty cash reconciliations.
Monthly Accounting Function
- Produce Monthly management accounts and board pack for the board of directors. To include Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and rolling 12 month cash flow forecast.
- Complete and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring journals are made as appropriate.
- Review with Finance director trade creditors & debtors and prepare monthly payment runs.
- Ensure all Vat returns are made on time and the company complies with all HMRC requirements.
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll analysis.
- Full financial management for Events run by the organisation
- On going liaison with Auditors and preparation of year end audit pack.
- Ongoing strong focus on cost control, working with the commercial team to ensure the company is structured and operates in the most efficient manner.
- Organise and host any finance meetings as required by the board.
- Ensure all Government and legal requirements that affect the company are met.
- Assist in drafting of commercial agreements with suppliers/customers.
- To assist and mange the company’s IT systems.
- Undertake investment/Capital expenditure analysis as required.