Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Salary Package: Up to £70,000 + 10% bonus
Job reference: SR/18652
DevOps Engineer opportunity - up to £70,000 + 10% bonus
How would you like to work for a technology focused company that empowers researchers to make discoveries that advance the knowledge and the progress of humanity?
- Does big data, cloud and semantic web technology excite you?
- Do you want to work on greenfield AWS infrastructure build projects?
- Do you want to work on massive transformation projects and play a leading role in defining the way that web products are delivered in a multi-billion £ turnover enterprise?
- Are you a strategic thinker, able to step away from the 'coal face’ and see the bigger picture but still feel comfortable developing infrastructure in code?
If the answers to these are 'yes’ then this may be the opportunity for you.
Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to design, architect and build global infrastructure (with resilience, performance, cost, in mind) for a high volume, high available and high performance platform that 15 million consumers around the globe rely on. You will also automate absolutely everything and set up continuous delivery systems.
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of multi-tier architectures
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience with large scalable systems using AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with a config management tool - such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack…
- Open source scripting such as Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with web servers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy…
- Pension up to 18%
- Bonus - 10%
- Life assurance
- Loads of discounts with retailers and service providers, travel agents (holidays)
- Health insurance & dental
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days holiday
If this looks of interest I would be delighted to have a conversation with you, in confidence, about this opportunity and your career aspirations going forward.
I look forward to hearing from you.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.