Internal Sales Executive
Internal Sales Executive
Our client has successfully established itself as one of the UK`s leading distributors of industrial automation and control products. Over an impressive period of sustained and continuous growth, they have secured a nationwide network of sales locations employing over 250 personnel. The company has expanded by focusing on providing customers with the very best choice of products from leading manufacturers from around the world packaged together with a range of value-added services.
Position: Internal Sales
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 per annum
About the role:
The Internal Sales Executive will enter sales orders and keep customers fully updated on the progress of their orders. Develop and maintain customer relationships whilst promoting Routeco’s products and services and maximising sales opportunities. Participating in pro-active telesales activities to our 'house account’ ledger.
- Deal with customer orders and enquiries appropriately and in a timely manner
- All aspects of non-franchise purchasing (order placement, carriage, progress etc.)
- Maintenance of customer discount schedules
- Check and ensure the customer is advised on: availability of product, pricing and appropriate discounts
- Ensure accuracy of orders before entering onto the Strategix system
- Progress any outstanding orders, keeping customer fully updated of progress
- Escalate issues where appropriate to appropriate department or individual
- Liaise with Sales Engineers, other departments and branches as required
- Promote and advise on compatible products and services whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Demonstrate sufficient commercial awareness to negotiate prices, depending on the customer status, ownership and type of product; thereby maximising the margin achieved on the transaction
- Understand the lead time requirements of the customer and utilise company resources to present alternative options if required
- Be aware of all franchise suppliers
- Take ownership and responsibility of customer issues to bring them to satisfactory conclusion
- Enjoys dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships
- Persistence to see a job through to conclusion and the ability to work within a structured environment
- Ability to make favourable impressions on others will be an important attribute
- Gaining the enthusiastic commitment of others is important component of this job
- Customer support and servicing skills will be a critical factor of the role
- Ability to provide practical solutions and follow up on enquiries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and data entry systems
- Experience in similar sales / customer service environment is important
- Good level of education is required, with at least GSCE’s in Maths and English (or equivalent)
You may have experience of the following: Internal Sales, Internal Sales Executive, Internal Account Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Administrator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.