Process Engineer Tool Setter
- Full Time
Overview of the role:
Direct Workforce are working with our well-established client to recruit for and experienced Tool Setter Process Engineer for a busy manufacturing client based in Scunthorpe area.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Monitor tool change time progress and set improvement plans in place to meet set objectives.
- Develop and manage improvement plans with respect to weight reduction, cycle time reduction and labour efficiency.
- Maintain and up-date process equipment specifications and ensure wherever possible the standardisation of equipment configuration.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety procedures.
- Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness.
- Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to all company business operating systems.
- Develop best practice methodology and procedures in line with SMED, 5s Kaizen methods and train Shift personal accordingly.
- Maintain standard process setting data for use in the SMS database. Ensure all processes are standardised and maintained in accordance with the data.
- Analyse data against site targets and manage improvement plans with respect to performance, availability and process scrap.
- Actively explore new process technology for suitability to the business.
- Attend relevant internal and external trial activities for New Product Introduction.
- Develop and implement process layouts considering best practice in lean manufacturing.
- Co-ordinate and implement actions, as a result of trials and customer requests internal problem follow-up sheets.
- Completion of all relevant paperwork to allow support functions to operate
Skills and experience required:
- In depth working knowledge in practical tool setting and processing
- Experience of tool setting in a high volume automotive environment
- BPTA PTL GA Level ¾ - Equivalent qualification in Injection Moulding and Processing
- HND / Degree Level in Engineering- An advantage
- Numerate and literate to minimum O Level / GCSE “C”
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Influencing and persuasive style with a “Can Do” attitude with propensity to problem solve
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks on shift
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies – 5S, Kaizen, SMED etc – An advantage
Monday – Friday 3 shift rotation 37.5 hours per week
What our client can offer:
Competitive Salary £36601.50 plus shift allowance, pension, free parking.