Trainee Estimator Technical Sales Advisor
- Full Time
Trainee Estimator (Technical Sales Advisor)
£18,000 (with a chance to go on a commission scheme after training - OTE £ 30,000+)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a fast growing commercial glazing company established in 1986. A leader in design, supply and installation of curtain walling, aluminium windows and doors, is looking for a highly motivated junior estimator to join the team and receive training to become a Technical Sales Advisor.
The Junior Estimator role will be to learn how to use industry specific design software, to read construction drawings and produce quotations relating to multiple product lines.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain performance in line with the company’s business plan and objectives
- Office environment performance expectation is to work well in a team with the other colleagues, carry out all tasks in a professional manner and effectively communicate with both internal and external parties.
- Proactive with an enthusiasm and determination to improve yourself, the process and business where possible
- Preparing and submitting quotations
- Learning about modern building techniques
- Assist in costing for new projects
- Helping with bids for new contracts
- Reading all forms of design related drawings and specifications
- Liaising with internal departments to gain the required information to complete tenders
- Assisting with administrative duties
To be considered for the Junior Estimator position, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- A quick learner interested in the construction industry
- Knowledge of the Fenestration Industry is desirable but not essential
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer Literate. Needs to be able to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A professional and positive working approach
- Team Player and able to work on own initiative
- Self motivated & enthusiastic
- Highly Organised and efficient
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Preferably have a background within the fenestration industry (desirable but not essential)
- Degree relating to the construction industry is desirable but not essential
- GCSE A-C Maths and English minimum
Trainee Estimator Technical Sales Advisor Benefits
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday (Inc.8 days public holiday)
- Monthly team lunches
- Childcare vouchers
If you feel you have the skills for their Trainee Estimator position, please apply now.