Senior Female Support Worker- South East London
Senior Female Senior Support Worker
Overall purpose of the job:
As a Senior Support Assistant you will work closely with the group Service Co-ordinator and Deputy Co-ordinator, helping support the wider team to provide a professional service that is consistent with our client’s values and wider community life. In this role you will take particular lead on the support of one individual. You will be expected to mentor, guide and sometimes direct the Support Assistants you work alongside.
Your duties will be the same as a Support Assistant and you will also be asked to do some or all of the following:
- Lead and develop the support for an individual member with a learning disability. Act as her key worker, co-ordinating her support across specialists and the wider team.
- Helping to provide person centred support for its members with a disability. This may include leading on the preparation of care plans, material for annual reviews or for medical appointments.
- Maximising independence for the person/s with a learning disability through the provision of appropriate person centred support with, personal hygiene, clothing, medical appointments, health needs (including exercise) and medication.
- Working with Deputy and Service Co-ordinators to ensure the safe running of the homes you are involved in. Helping identify and trouble shoot small issues or challenges.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively
- Motivate and encourage colleagues
- Work Creatively and flexibly - allowing the strengths of others to be utilised or further developed
- At least two years’ experience supporting people with disabilities or a something similar with transferable skills
- Supporting and mentoring peers or other staff/assistants
If you feel this is you please send your CV in the first instance.Deadline is Friday 28th July 2017
We are an employment agency acting on the client’s behalf