Payroll Support Officer required for Local Gov. Co. EC1.
Henry Fox has been given exclusivity to partner one of our clients who require an experienced Payroll Support Officer. The role will be based in EC1 and will work alongside the Payroll Manager, who is an excellent leader. This market leading local government organisation has over 500 employees and an enviable HR team, which this position will be joining. This is a full-time, permanent position working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Your Accountabilities will be:
- Assisting with the preparation and processing of the payroll for all supported companies.
- Supporting the process of supplying P11D, P60 and other pay and pension information to employees.
- Undertaking monthly RTI submissions to HMRC to meet statutory requirements,
- Supporting the testing and implementing of system changes
- Contributing to the delivery of the team’s agreed objectives.
- Participating in relevant projects that support the delivery of Business Plans.
- Model the values and work in accordance with health and safety, equal opportunities and environmental policies to the company.
- To prepare, input and process all relevant payrolls ensuring cut off times for changes to payroll are observed and meeting payroll deadlines and targets.
- To support the team effort in processing fluctuations in workload.
- Supporting all aspects of payroll administration from starter to leaver including but not limited to:
Calculation of SMP and contractual maternity pay; SPP and contractual sick pay
Payment of NI benefits, PILON, pay awards, incremental changes and adhoc payments
- Reconciliation of the payroll and pensions
- Assisting in the meeting of audit, monthly and end of year requirements.
- Providing assistance, advice and support to managers and staff on all payroll and expenses issues including one-to-one training where required.
- Adopting a ’right first time’ approach to produce high quality work, checking data produced and received for accuracy and compliance and inputting into the payroll system all variable data and carrying out any manual computations.
- Overseeing the expenses process, ensuring adherence to the expenses policy and that staff are paid in a timely manner
- Supporting the development and maintenance of Agresso self-service including alert accuracy, employee support and system testing in conjunction with ICT colleagues
For this role, you will need to have the following:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage own workload and priorities in order to meet deadlines, and respond to changing priorities
- Able to work under pressure, prioritising work against competing and challenging demands to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multi task
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries in a courteous and patient manner, providing a high level of customer care
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to work as part of a team and a flexible approach in order to adapt to changing work requirements
- Experience of producing work of a high standard with a high level of attention to detail
- A positive 'can-do’ attitude
- A good understanding of the role and functions of an HR and payroll team
- Experience in using HR and payroll systems (Preferably Agresso) and procedures
- Demonstrable experience of working with payroll systems in a customer-focused role
- A good knowledge of office systems and procedures relating to payroll statistics and data
- Experience in the use of a range of software packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and the internet
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, 'sought after’ organisation where there’s longevity and career progression. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please send your CV ASAP to be considered.
With regret, due to the volume of CVs we receive, only suitable candidates will be contacted.