Machine Maintenance Engineer
Sussex Recruitment seek a skilled Machine Maintenance Engineer who has dual skills in both electrical and mechanical engineering for a super Client in Eastbourne, to work a double shift pattern that includes a 25% shift premium on top of salary.
You will be required to provide a safety conscious electrical and mechanical installation/maintenance/repair service for all production machinery/equipment on a timely basis.
Shift pattern: 1-week early 6am - 2pm and 1 week late 2pm - 10pm.
Successful completion of a Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship (mechanical or electrical) or a C&G qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering is essential, as is some practical working experience as a Machine Maintenance Engineer and knowledge of CNC machine tools: Centre lathes, CNC lathes, Mills, CNC Machining Centres, Radial Drills, and Grinders etc. would be an advantage BUT is not an essential requirement.
Additional experience required:
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Experience of effectively utilising a maintenance database.
- Ability to plan and implement an effective preventative maintenance schedule which minimises production down time.
- Basic negotiating experience.
- Ability to solve problems successfully.
- Evidence of making recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical & mechanical drawings and plans.
- Working knowledge of standard safety devices.
- Understanding of basic safety regulations.
- Working as mechanical engineer or electrician/installer.
- Three years as a Machine Maintenance Engineer.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.