Activities Assistant - Elderly
This opportunity is working within a historic residential home for the elderly, set within beautiful landscapped gardens, which has listed buildings and connections with royalty. It is located in central London, housing various facilities for its residents, including numerous restaurants, clubs, chapel, infirmary, accommodation and grounds that you would expect to find in a stately home. You will be working with a very supportive and friendly team, supporting daily activities.
- This is a part-time post and will be contracted for 36-hours a week, over 5-days, which include a paid for lunch break.
- The rota will include some evening shifts and every other weekend.
- Location: Chelsea
- Good benefits and opportunities
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- To contribute to the planning, implementation and delivery of a social and activity programme for all pensioners
- To assist in delivering a comprehensive range of activities to cover daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal opportunities.
- To work a rolling rota, including weekends, to enable residents and flexible hours to enable pensioners to attend various evening events as required
- To support and facilitate pensioners to engage in activities and social events both in their own berths or communal environments, e.g. dining/lounge/activity areas and on outings are appropriate.
- To work as part of the Activity Team and alongside other staff members and volunteers to deliver social group activities and events.
- To facilitate the integration of provision of social and activity engagement into the daily lives of pensioners.
- To complete risk assessments when planning new activities, delegating activities to volunteers, or when arranging outside entertainment or trips.
- To maintain competence in delivering activities and to seek additional knowledge or support from other staff members, when required.
- To conduct personal questionnaires of Pensioner’s skills, hobbies and social interests
- To review the progress of any individual social or activity intervention plans regularly.
- To undertake regular documentation of Pensioners engagement in an activity or event, and ensure records are updated in a concise, accurate and timely manner in line with departmental standards.
- To support the Activity Co-ordinator in undertaking regular reviews of group and 1:1 activities, to ensure the services provided develop with the needs of the Infirmary and Pensioners.
- Experience of activity provision to groups and/or individuals within a similar setting
- Experience of completing care plans and / or risk assessments
- Experience of working with individuals who have dementia
- Experience of working with older people
- Good written and excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to overcome communication barriers
- Ability to maintain Pensioner activity records and complete other required administrative tasks, as required