Head of ICT Transition
3 days left
- Full Time
Head of ICT Transition - £65,000 - £75,000
Newcastle 18 month fixed term contract
An experienced service transition manager is required to take control of a major change programme for a leading public sector organization.
They are in the process of ending major ICT outsource contracts for both core services and pensions moving to a hybrid arrangement with some in house and some contracted ICT services in a ITIL based Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model
The organization are aiming to become a digital business that will radically change the way in which the organisation delivers its services. Our successful candidate will be accountable for the transition of services and the establishment of ITIL based service management across the entire ICT department (both application software and technology services).
This will be an interesting and varied role with plenty of responsibility which include -
* Leading the transition of ICT services with the transfer of outsourced ICT services to a hybrid arrangement.
* Leading the development of an IT lifecycle management culture embedding Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement across the department.
* Leading the introduction of key ICT service roles and processes needed to act as the bridge between business customers and both internal and external ICT suppliers.
* Liaise with programmes to plan and manage the effective transfer of ICT services from the incumbent suppliers to the new hybrid multiple supplier SIAM model.
* Defining the standards required for the existing internal ICT teams to adopt ITIL based service management in a similar manner as we require from external suppliers.
* Establish the core frameworks that will underpin different aspects of the ICT department including AGILE, DevOps, ITIL, SFIA, TOGAF
* Managing the transfer and on-boarding of ICT services from incumbent suppliers either internally and/or to new contracted suppliers acting as the ICT Department lead on all aspects of service transfer (contracts, licences, staff and budgets).
The successful service transition manager will also play a prominent role in organisational development, strategic leadership, business change, and championing new and transformational ways of working across the organisation. The post holder will need to ensure that there are plans in place to maximise the benefits available from the new IT service delivery model for all stakeholders.
Other requirements in the role will be significant and wide ranging experience at very senior management level in a large, complex customer facing organisation, as well as proven experience in developing and implementing ICT and Digital strategies to achieve transformational levels of change and efficiency.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate; please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience or call Jonathan Edwards for a confidential chat and more information on the role.
"The services advertised by IntaPeople are those of an Employment Agency and an Employment Business"