Assistant Manager or Manager - £21-26K - Woodbridge
1 day left
- Full Time
At Select Norwich we are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager or Manager on behalf of our client, a high end Gastro pub based near Woodbridge.
Since opening 2 years ago, the pub has gone from strength to strength. It has been placed in 'The Top 50 Gastro Pubs 2017' and was featured in the 'Good Food Guide 2017'. They were also finalists in 'The Great British Pub Awards 2016'.
The owner is looking for either, an Assistant Manager to share responsibilities with the current Assistant Manager, or a Manager to lead the Front of House team.
- The Assistant Manager/Manager will be responsible primarily for managing the floor, the staff and the stock on a daily basis, as well as cashing up at the end of the day
- Be responsible for the running of the bar, snug and 62 cover restaurant, as well as the outside seating area which is set in two acres of land
- The Pub hosts many events around the year, including beer, cider and gin festivals, corporate BBQs and supper clubs. The Assistant Manager/Manager will take an active role in these, ensuring everything runs smoothly.
- Always ensure the customers' high standards are consistently met and exceeded in every circumstance
- Manage and delegate within the Front of House team, giving training to staff members when needed
- Report to the Owner and Head Chef
Experience and Skills required
- For the Assistant Manager, the candidate must have at least a years experience in a Shift Supervisor role
- For the Manager, the candidate must have a year experience in Assistant Manager role
- Must have a good understanding of the Industry, with a keen desire to learn more
- Every candidate must provide two referees
- Due to the location, the successful candidate must have own transport. No live-in is available.
- The successful Assistant Manager/Manager must be genuine
- Passionate with a demonstrable interest in food
- Able to take responsibility
- Reliable and flexible
- Team player
Salary and Benefits
- Assistant Manager salary of £21,000-23,000 (depending on experience), or Manager salary of £26,000
- Excellent tips of £3,000-4,000 per year
- Pension scheme
- Meals on shift
- The client is happy to give extra training if required
- Possibility of gaining qualifications such as further NVQs, Cellar Management certificate and Personal Licence
- 28 days holiday
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Lily Walker on or at our Norwich office.