FinTech - Inbound Sales - Alternative Finance
The company are seeking a hungry and driven Broker / Account Manager with tangible sales experience to help close inbound new business in a market worth £4.5 Billion per year to the UK economy by qualifying SMEs who apply for finance, whilst liaising with lenders to secure the best deal for both parties.
The company is an early-mid growth start-up that saw the problems that SMEs and small businesses had in finding affordable, suitable sources of financing, whatever their objectives. Essentially, instead of going to big banks unwilling to lend, why can't companies find financing online like people search for holidays and car insurance?
The company is partnered with the governement, who have introduced a scheme that automatically refers SMEs that have had their finance applications to big banks turned down, meaning this company gets access to inbound requests worth £4.5 billion per year. The company is going from strength to strength with its 2016 revenues growing six-fold from 2015.
Using financial technology combined with an expert team of Account Managers, the firm has helped thousands of SMEs to find financing. In terms of lenders, they have a range of options from auction markets places, venture capital, challenger banks, asset managers and even larger high street banks themselves.
The role start in the Sales Development team and will evolve into an Account Manager, helping to identify and qualify the inbound applications from new SMEs by evaluating the quality of the leads and following up on suitable ones. Once leads are successfully qualified the candidate will help to match up the client with the most suitable option for raising finance, brokering and closing the deal.
This will involve:
- Evaluate the quality of new inbound leads each day, and pursuing the most promising.
- Maintain high levels of prospecting activity every day
- Becoming an expert in identifying funding challenges that the prospective SME customers face
- Close new business consistently
- Build relationships with prospects and internal stakeholders to grow new business
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance the company
Desired skills and experience
- At least 1 year of selling experience with a proven track-record
- Confidence to speak with senior decision makers, and ability to consult and advise
- Experience in a business development representative or cold-calling sales environment
- A BA or BSc degree
This is a unique opportunity to get into the booming world of FinTech and in turn, become part of a very new market worth £4.5 Billion per year, taking advantage of an exclusive government partnership. The opportunity would suit a hungry and driven salesperson able to take ownership of the sales process and to broker deals between SMEs and lenders in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
The firm offers a base salaries of between £25,000-30,000 plus an exceptional commission structure with proven OTEs of between £60-75,000 for year 1. These figures are an exact representation based on the existing team's achievements.