Project Accountant 12-Month Maternity Contract
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant for our client based in Caerphilly on a 12-month Maternity Cover Contract to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the management accounts of a London based subsidiary.
We are expecting this to involve a 2-3 day visit every 4 weeks plus a 1 day visit every other week although this may evolve over time. The candidate therefore must be willing to travel.
- Has ability to work in a consultative role, advising on improvements and best practice
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and understanding, without compromising financial disciplines
- Ensures that business opportunities are appropriately evaluated to minimise risk and sustain/improve profit margins
- Understands the key business drivers
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve and streamline processes
- Provides incisive and user-friendly management information, meaningful financial analysis, input and advice to divisional colleagues and senior management to assist with understanding KPI reporting
- Provides accurate and timely reporting, establishing effective communications with other senior financial colleagues within the Group
- Displays well developed presentation and communication skills, verbally as well as numerically, with good report writing skills
- Holder of recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA) unless exceptional reasons apply.
- Has excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience of Sage accounting systems preferable
- Broad financial management background in a business-to-business (or similar) service organisation
- Experience or knowledge of carrying out both external and internal audit work
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Basic Salary: c£35-40k p.a.
- Holidays: 20 days per annum plus statutory days and Christmas shut down (3-4 days).
- Other: Free onsite canteen & free onsite parking