2 days left
- Full Time
Our client, one of the UK’s largest providers of social welfare, has an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join their team on a fixed term nine month maternity cover contract.
As Bid Manager you will be part of a growing, dedicated and highly valued Business Development and Tendering Unit that has one simple aim - to convince the client’s public sector partners of the value of their transformational services. Internally, you will ensure that they remain innovative, flexible and responsive to the evolving needs of communities whilst producing winning tenders. Externally, you will represent the team and the organisation in commercial discussions with commissioners and like-minded organisations they partner with.
Tenders you work on will allow our client to continue our work supporting people in the UK experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, long term unemployment or those accessing adult social care. You will represent them at all stages of public sector commissioning and procurement cycles, and be involved in generating success from tendering projects, and will work closely with colleagues in many areas.
1. To represent the client at all stages of public sector commissioning and procurement cycles.
2. To prepare high quality tenders which are effective in demonstrating the value of client as a contracted service provider.
3. To project manage aspects of tender processes which require specialist knowledge, including input from operations, legal and finance colleagues.
4. To undertake market scoping for defined geographical areas, ensuring that potential new business opportunities are identified and evaluated.
5. To identify appropriate tenders, and ensure that such opportunities are evaluated and, where suitable, transferred into a live project.
6. To ensure that risk is appropriately evaluated and minimised in all business development propositions.
7. To provide customer orientated internal consultancy to all colleagues involved in public sector commissioning and procurement processes.
8. To support the ongoing review of organisational competitiveness and identify areas for improvement.
9. To maintain a full audit trail for all projects, to ensure effective contract implementation, management and compliance.
10. To work within a manner that acknowledges and preserves the commercial confidentiality of the department’s work.
-Experience of designing, developing and completing tenders for public sector contracts.
-Experience in social/health care provision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to plan workload and meet multiple deadlines, including ability to prioritise work appropriately
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work positively as part of a team
- Ability to project manage contributions of colleagues, including those in other departments.
- Ability to work to rapidly changing deadlines.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to travel across the UK and undertake occasional overnight stays.
- Discretion and understanding of the commercial sensitivity of the work.
- Experience of delivering service models and structures.
- Experience of contract pricing.
- Understanding of organisational and business structures and their impact on tender appraisal.
- Understanding of the legislation governing public procurement.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and communicate difficult messages.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Understanding of public sector commissioning and procurement processes.
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to analyse tender documents and reflect key customer requirements in tender submissions.
- Confident IT user, including Microsoft Office and Web based systems.