Conduct Risk Consultant
A Conduct Risk Consultant job in Brighton or Birmingham for up to £63K
A rewarding new job vacancy has arisen for a Conduct Risk Consultant within the Birmingham or Brighton & Hove offices of this leading national Insurance and Financial Services business.
The purpose of the job role is to provide independent conduct risk advice and guidance to the Business and deliver effective 2nd line challenge to their approach to managing their risks, to ensure that the conduct risk framework, policies and processes are embedded within the Insurance and General Insurance Divisions. The key accountabilities are:
1. Provide conduct risk advice and guidance to the Business on new projects, products, services and other initiatives, developing and influencing changes where required, to ensure they are designed to deliver fair customer outcomes and operate within agreed conduct risk appetite.
2. Provide 2nd line challenge to the Business on their approach to managing conduct risks to ensure that they are regularly reviewing and updating their policies and processes to deliver fair customer outcomes and operate within agreed conduct risk appetite.
3. Analyse proposed regulatory changes and provide advice, guidance and education to the Business on the impacts of these proposals, providing input to consultations and implementation activity so that relevant conduct risks are identified and managed effectively.
4. Proactively identify all material conduct risks for the Business, investigating these to understand their impact and ensuring effective risk management is in place to mitigate any adverse impacts, providing a reliable, up to date view of all risks.
5. Own and maintain up-to-date knowledge of conduct risk developments, and participate in knowledge sharing across the Conduct team, so that the Business receives a professional and credible service on the conduct risk framework.
6. Develop and maintain good working relationships with other Group second line functions, including the Group Conduct Risk team, Chief Risk Officers' teams, and Group Risk team to enable effective communications on matters of mutual interest and effective reporting on business risks and issues.
7. Deputise for Conduct Risk Managers as directed and escalate significant issues as appropriate.
The key skills required are set out below and the role holder will ideally have good experience supporting particularly a general insurance business:
-Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of FCA rules and practical application.
-Experience of interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions.
-Good awareness of the wider business and regulatory environment and ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory changes on the Group.
-Good understanding of the principles of risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks.
-Strong initiative and capability to identify and investigate conduct risks.
-Strong ability to generate and manage own workloads through interactions with the business.
-Strong ability to challenge and influence stakeholders.