Compliance Business Partner - Financial Services
We are looking for a Compliance Business Partner with sound knowledge of FCA compliance within a debt collection environment. The role will be spending 2/3 days per week in Camberley and 2/3 days in The Strand and also a element of travelling and overnight stays throughout the UK.
The Compliance Business Partner will support first line management in their responsibility to identify and manage risk and escalate risk incidents. This is achieved through implementation and embedding Group risk and compliance management frameworks.
Core duties and Responsibilities:
To manage the FCA compliance and other quality, regulatory and legislative requirements of the business conducted by the Group in conjunction with group entities. This includes:
- Delivering FCA related training to financial services agents as required
- Conducting Internal audit to maintain compliance with FCA and SRA regulations, compliance policy and relevant codes of conduct domestic and foreign as required
- Supporting external audit and client visits
- Reporting (including Gabriel reporting)
- Liaison with Compliance team on checks already conducted
- Working closely with Compliance team members on gap analysis and overlapping responsibilities
- Oversight of Appointed Representatives (business and individuals)
Support the implementation and maintenance of the Group Compliance Policy through pro-active and consistent advice and guidance with specific responsibility for the oversight and approval of all group functional activity in relation to existing Debt Collection, CSA, and Lending Standards Board guidance and related areas of emerging regulation including the FCA.
Provide related regulatory advice and guidance in the context of business change activity to ensure that the services offered by the group of Companies are operated in a way that remains compliant with UK and European regulatory and legislative requirements.
Keep abreast of regulatory policy developments and advise on the expected business impact of these changes.
Work closely with all appropriate functional areas of the group and agree a route to compliance that is considerate of maintaining profit and mitigating any risk.
Demonstrate the ability to develop and foster positive and strong partnerships with operational management so that risks are freely discussed as well as problem solving where there are risk exposures.
Contribute to and sign-off project papers, briefs and communications providing expert advice and guidance on compliance issues where appropriate in order to ensure that all compliance aspects are understood and taken into consideration when developing business and project proposals.
Maintain constant dialogue with regulators and trade associations ensuring an up to date knowledge of regulatory developments and their potential impact on the group.
To incorporate other elements of group compliance i.e., ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, ISO27001, ICO/DPA, support with third party client audits, DVLA etc. and ad hoc duties from time to time.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Previous experience within a Debt Collection environment
- Previous experience within a compliance role
- Familiarity with FCA - Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC)
- Previous experience within a customer and client facing role
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and represent the business independently
- Ability to work in both Camberley and London as well as some UK travel