ASME Engineering Ltd., a structural & architectural London based steelwork company is looking for a time served Site Manager to lead teams of steel erectors and site welders on various sites throughout London. Only site managers who thrive on a challenge and who take pride in their work and have a passion for steel need apply.
Being an SME, the pressure is often on to do the impossible and we base our reputation on our hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product with impeccable service. The successful candidate would have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow, as is the ASME company ethos.
- Manage Team of Steel Erectors, Site welders & Labourers.
- Manage the time-keeping of the labour force.
- Manage labour force issues on a daily basis with regards to performance and conduct.
- Ensure all labour force and subcontractors are inducted onto site and are given the RAMS to read, raise any queries and sign to say they have understood.
- Daily Briefings must be carried out, written up and signed.
- Tool box talks to be carried out weekly, documented and signed.
- Scaffold hand over sheets, delivery notes, LOLER sheets, PUWER sheets must be complteed and filed as required.
- Working at Heights, site Manager & Site Supervisor inspections to be carried out weekly.
- Keeping track of stock on site is an essential element of the position, you must ensure the site has everything it needs to keep working.
- Reporting to Project manager in line with company policies, procedures and Integrated Management System.
- Know and understand the scope of works and alert the Project manager if the client requests anything extra outside ASME’s contracted scope.
- Deliver each project to a high standard of quality & Client Satisfaction.
- Deliver each project on time & on budget. It is the Site Manager's responsibility to ensure they get the handover package for the projects they manage which includes the Scope, Budget, Program, Technical reviews, Dwgs & Calcs.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- IOSH would be an advantage
- CSCS black card.
- AP or Lifting Supervisor would be an advantage
- Currently or previously been a coded welder and steel erector
- Excellent knowledge of steel and other products within the industry (Purlins, Decking, Metalwork, Temporary works etc...)
- Excellent knowledge and ability to read drawings, connection details and specifications of various quality
- Ability to work to scope of works, budgets and programs
- Ability to produce programs
- Ability to liaise with Clients, site team and engineers
- Ability to manage a team of welders / steel erectors and get them to produce excellent work on time and on budget
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pride in the work
- Ability to liaise with the company buyer, workshop and QS's
- Standard site management admin will be required as will contact with the office
- Excellent organization skills and ability to plan ahead
- Positive attitude to problems and dealing with staff of all levels
- Ability to multitask
- Take responsibility and be accountable
- Pride in the work with an eagerness to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work
- Excellent knowledge in the safe use of various site equipment for installation of steel
- Willing to be hands on as and when required
- Successful candidate must be local as late shifts and weekend working will be required when a project demands it
- It is the companies aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end ASME will pursue continuing improvements from year to year. ASME Site Managers have a responsibility to work safely & raise concerns about product conformity and safety issues
- All ASME employees on their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health
- ASME appoints safety representatives with whom all employees can freely raise concerns with. ASME also provides a confidential email where any employee can confidentially raise concerns.
This job description is intended as a general indication of the main responsibilities of the job and does not include detailed instructions on how tasks are undertaken. You may be required to carry out additional tasks within your capability as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and to meet the needs of the business. You will need to refer to the companies Integrated Management System Manuals and Procedures; The company HS&E Guidance System (THSP) and applicable company standards.
All applicants must be NVQ qualified or registered.
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.