Care Team Leader - Independent Living
This post is full time, working on a shift rota which includes evenings and weekends.
The role of the Team Leader is to ensure the company provides a person centred service to all of their residents, building relationships with them, their families and the local community. Enabling every individual to remain independent and have choices which meet their personal needs. The Team Leader is accountable for making sure that the service provided is delivered in line with all current legislation and policies and that all staff are trained and supported to deliver to the Jewish Care standard.
Principal accountabilities / responsibilities
- To encourage service users to maintain their independence by understanding their needs and limitations enabling the service to create opportunities to express these fully.
- To participate in the assessment, reviews and care planning processes for service users to ensure their needs are fully understood, agreed, documented and delivered to the agreed standard.
- To facilitate and lead activities where required working with colleagues to assist in the provision of an environment which is motivating and stimulating for all service users and which reflects their Jewish identity and cultural needs.
- To lead an effective, motivated and safe team, providing excellent person centred care focused on relationships to all service users ensuring Jewish Care continues to promote meaningful lives.
- To ensure that tenants are aware of all social, recreational and community opportunities being provided across the campus and facilitating any necessary access.
- Monitor standards of care and supervise Independent Living Care and Support Workers Living Scheme through reflective practice and regular and timely supervision and performance reviews so that all care staff is fully supported to be effective in their jobs.
- To complete risk assessments in the service user’s apartment and in the wider building if necessary.
- To promote safety in the scheme and to ensure care and support workers understand health and safety procedures and record in document incidents fully.
- To promote and maintain good channels of communication amongst the team and between service users, family members, volunteers, and staff.
- To oversee the effective management of the unit including being able to contribute to the rota, handover process, medication management, end of life care and communication with families
- To provide the independent living management team with regular reports about effectiveness of staffing, training needs of staff, potential HR issues and issues of health and safety.
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or related discipline)
- QCF level 2/3 (and willingness to continuous learning)
- Leading or managing others in a care or similar environment
- Experience of security and building management
- Experience of administration of medicine
- Experience of dealing with emergency care
- Experience of Safeguarding Adults
- Experience of Team building
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day’s annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, The Investors in People Gold standard and the Customer Service Excellence Standard.