Senior Buyer / Manager Designate (electronic manufacturing)
3 days left
- Full Time
My client is an electronic technology provider and manufacturer based in the UK with operations in Hong Kong and North America. The team has extensive experience in advanced integrated electronic design, strategic global manufacturing, software development, application hosting and procurement/material inventory management within high technology sectors across global market places.
They now have an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a Senior Buyer/Manager designate in their Birmingham office. Working closely with the sales and operations teams to ensure purchasing is done in line with customer requirements and in an economic manner from our manufacturing partners and electronics distribution channels.
Primary role / purpose:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will entail strategic and tactical management of their key supply base in both the UK and Asia.
- Planning material against forecast and production requirements
- Quotations and tenders - to work as part of project teams to establish competitive tenders for prospective or existing customers;
- Purchasing both electronics components and finished goods;
- Using your knowledge of the industry and contacts to obtain immediate requirements of stock, ensuring customer deadlines are always met;
- Expedite parts when necessary to meet the delivery requirements of the Manufacturing Plan;
- Maintain fields within the system for components used on designated customer's products;
- Provide a professional approach to suppliers at all stages of contract/order negotiation;
- Ensure component stock is maintained between the company and customer Kanban limits;
- Raise Purchase Orders as requested from MRP and planning meetings;
- Manage non-conforming materials and their replacements once identified and returned to the vendor;
- Vendor rating;
- Quotations and tenders - to work on project teams to establish competitive tenders for prospective or existing customers;
Qualification and skills:
- Degree or equivalent in a related discipline;
- In-Depth knowledge of electronics procurement;
- A need to have a vision to shape the department in line with company growth;
- Proven experience in a buying capacity, ideally in electronic, electric or electromechanical industries;
- There will be a need to travel;
- Must have an appetite to work as part of a team, be professional and carry a sense of humour!
In return, they are offering a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to develop and progress your career with a world class organisation.
For further information contact Bernard Smirke or send your CV to him.
Should you not be contacted within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.