Senior Design Engineer
- Full Time
Senior Design Engineer - Engines
A Senior Design Engineer with 3-5 years engine design experience for gasoline or diesel engines is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading international automotive company based in Essex.
The role is offering a salary up to £50,000 per annum dependant on industry experience.
Our client has been designing, developing and manufacturing race winning for many years. With in-house teams supporting every stage of motorsport engine development including full track side and after sales support, they are trusted by some of the worlds greatest motorsport teams competing in many prestigious events including the Le Mans 24 Hour, FIA World Endurance Championship and North American Racing Series.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and maintaining components from company’s high performance race engine product range, including cylinder block/sump and head castings, oil and water pump assemblies, carbon fibre components, multiple machined from solid ancillaries, threaded fasteners etc. 3D CAD and drafting will make up the majority of this role and you will be given a high degree of responsibility.
Skills / Experience Required
- 3-5 years mechanical design experience.
- Experience with internal combustion engine design for gasoline or diesel engines.
- Motorsport experience beneficial.
- Catia V5 skills preferred but skills with similar packages considered.
- FEA skills using Catia V5 or similar.
- Suitable candidates will be degree qualified or higher in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt and the ability to work in a fast paced working environment.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact James Laver on +44 (0) or email
Keywords: Mechanical Design, FEA, Catia, Motorsport, IC, Design, Gasoline, Powertrain, power unit, pu, motor racing, racing, 3D CAD.