Home Manager - Norwich, Norfolk
- Full Time
Our well established and highly regarding Health and Social care client is currently seeking to recruit a number of Care Home Managers who have the responsibility for all the activities of the facility, in order to deliver quality care to customers.
To lead the facility ensuring that the team achieve the highest possible standards of care and service by implementing and monitoring compliance of all policies and procedures, whilst exceeding financial performance in line with budgets.
Key Responsibilities Quality and Service
- To be responsible and accountable to all the day to day activities of the home.
- Ensure that the team has a passion for service delivery by promoting and driving forward the company's quality agenda, setting clear standards and encouraging knowledge sharing and best practice within the team.
- Maintain an open, honest and transparent reputation for the home. Ensure timely and robust investigations and responses to complaints and safeguarding issues.
- Achieve the highest standards of person centred care. Know the residents, and continually assess their needs and wishes, developing a service to enhance their quality of life and ensuring effective management of this through care documentation and risk assessments.
- Ensure the safe management of medications in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
- Develop effective relationships with key people both outside and within the business. Represent the business to relevant outside bodies.
- Identify challenges and opportunities for improvement in the business and work with the Regional Manager to respond to them.
- Monitor and maintain all KPIs for the home.
Health and Safety
- Reduce risk of incidents by completing tailored risk assessments with each department and evaluating findings in line with company policy.
- Complete timely investigations into accidents and incidents according to policy, recording them correctly and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Demonstrate compliance with legislation and ensure the environment is safe and risk free. Monitor the maintenance of the home, ensuring all checks are carried out and documentation is complete.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental Health requirements by monitoring hygiene and health and safety standards in the kitchen and taking corrective action if necessary.
- Share and communicate health and safety information with the team, conducting regular health and safety meetings in line with policy.
- Build and lead a successful team with clear roles, standards and expectations. Give advice and guidance where necessary.
- Provide the example to be followed by others by creating an open, positive, inclusive atmosphere.
- Develop the knowledge of both self and staff, including coaching, training, support and appraisal/staff supervision.
- Manage the staff rota according to budget and to maximise staff utilisation. Minimise unproductive hours by managing sickness absence.
- Manage any poor performance by staff, following company policy. Consult with HR Department when handling any investigatory or disciplinary issues.
- Ensure all mandatory training is undertaken within 8 weeks of initial employment.
- Provide the team with relevant information to enable them to work effectively.
- Seek guidance from the Regional Manager for direction and decisions as and when needed.
Financial and Resource Management
- Control and monitor budget expenditure for each department or seek approval for any variance from budget.
- Safeguard company and resident finances by monitoring and managing money within the home according to company policy.
- Know the fee structure and current fees, maintaining fee level to the budget.
- Ensure information input to company systems is accurate.
- Manage and monitor home administration services to ensure service delivery is according to company policy.
- Check payroll information for accuracy and authorise.
- Establish excellent collaborative relationships with external stakeholders in the public, other private and voluntary sectors.
- Establish a sound reputation within the local community and ensure you are the local 'home of choice'.
- Identify potential business opportunities/opportunities to maximise fees by using knowledge of local market developments, emerging customer needs and competitor activity.
- Work with the Regional Manager to drive sales, margin growth and new service development.
- Undertake proactive occupancy planning, developing plans to address any departure from expected occupancy levels with the Regional Manager.
- Ensure all enquiries are managed in accordance with company policy, building the homes reputation locally.
- Carry out marketing activities to promote the business.
- Work to continually develop the quality of care and service provided, using internal and external standards, e.g. PEARL.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may be reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
- Key Experience and Knowledge
- Knows the care industry and regulatory framework Understands the principles that underpin person centred care Knows the legislative framework for health, safety and risk management Use of IT systems
- Understands finance management within a Home: costs, patient finances and accounting
- Numerate and literate
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Key Skills and Behaviours
- Caring and service focused Strong communicator Takes personal responsibility Planned and organised Driven and resilient
- People focused, supportive and motivational Attention to detail
- Has high integrity, professional and objective
- The work will require a flexible approach as hours will vary to reflect the work patterns and needs of the business.