Facilities Assistant 6month FTC
Facilities Assistant - 6- 12 month FTC
Ritz are please to assist a leading Residential company with their search for a Facilities Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a luxurious company based close to the town centre. This will be a full time 6 -12 month FTC paying £21,369 with a strong likelihood of the role going permanent. This will be on a shift basis with the following hours on a rotating basis; 4 early shifts - 7:30- 5:30pm, 2 days off/ 4 late shifts - 10:30am - 8:30pm, 2 days off/ 4 night shifts - 8pm - 8am, 3 days off.
The successful Facilities Assistant will contribute to the overall residential experience through providing a high standard of repairs and maintenance tasks. You will be responsible for inspecting and diagnosing faults and undertaking minor repairs work to the building and surrounding areas.
Please note that we are ideally looking for a candidate who is available to start immediately.
- Undertake and repair maintenance tasks to a high standard including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Responsible for moving furniture and items from location to location as required
- Effective communication with the residents and colleagues demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using one`s initiative to respond accordingly
- Assist the Operations Manager in ensuring high levels of security at all times
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Monitor the electric maintenance reporting system
- Administer all property maintenance and records in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responding to out of hours calls and informing the relevant contractors of the issue
- Report any incidents or accidents to senior management using the correct system and documentation
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is also highly desirable
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
If this sounds like the next role for you, please apply ASAP to avoid disappointment! Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted