CTO - Sports-Based Mobile App
3 days left
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Developer who would like to step up into the role of Chief Technology Officer for a rapidly-growing London-based Tech Startup.
The company connects sports fans, the On Trade and the world's biggest Live Sports broadcasters.
Currently valued at £5M, the company is made up of a team of passionate sport fans who unite behind an ambition to provide amazing experiences for sports fans.
The company has a profitable subscription-based model, currently with 2,500 clients which they aim to double to 5,000 by the end of 2018.
Their projects are on a range of platforms including their B2B portal, Android and iOS apps, desktop site, mobile site, CRM and CMS. There is also a significant amount of work to be done refactoring their code base and moving to PHP 7. As a growing startup, there is always plenty to be done but that is where the opportunity and excitement lies!
Skills and Requirements
Required Skills :
• Ability to manage a tech team and aware of agile methodology
• Strong experience in Information System Architecture and migration
• Fluent in PHP (5 years) and MySQL
• Comfortable with Symfony2 (at least 3 years), Twig and Doctrine
• Git and Linux
• Happy to pick up other people’s code
• Attention to detail with focus on code quality and high standards
• data architecture
• Strong teamwork spirit
• Unit Testing
• Objective C and/or Android
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the company at this period of growth with the bulk of the tech architecture being rebuilt over the next 12-18 months.
Your mission will be to :
• Lead the technical department and grow it
• Design, build and migrate their new core architecture - this will ensure their systems can manage future growth
• Organise the development of new features for their core platforms that drive value for their users and clients.
o Sport fans desktop and mobile websites
o Client portal (Symfony2, JQuery)
o Internal platforms (AngularJS, Symfony2)
o Mobile apps
The Technology Stack:
• Symfony2 on PHP 5.6
• Phalcon 3
• Google Analytics
The salary range is £65-75K + equity in a company whose value is growing exponentially.