Management Accountant required for a leading organisation in Grimsby.
Are you part of fully qualified, have costing experience and looking for a progressive role and employer to help fulfil your career ambitions....
You will be Responsible for preparing Management Accounts, budgets/forecasts, production of monthly management accounting information and reporting such to relevant managers and CC Finance.
- The successful candidate will be highly numerate and IT literate including SAP and MS Excel.
- You will be able to meet reporting deadlines and prioritise.
- Understands relevant accounting standards.
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Able to identify, develop and adopt new practices.
- Cost accounting experience. Demonstrates high professional standards regarding accuracy, integrity and confidentiality.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and corporate reporting information, pro-actively investigate variances and discrepancies, discusses with Controller providing explanations where necessary.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow.
- Audit and verify raw material, finished goods and production data on the factory systems and monthly raw material consumptions.
- Develop reporting tools to provide reliable, timely and accurate cost information to the relevant department heads.
- Pro-actively report relevant production data to the manufacturing team.
- Produce monthly production/sales/stock reconciliations and reports.
- Conduct twice yearly finished goods and pulp stock checks and produces reconciliations.
- Develop monthly reporting tools to provide reliable, timely and accurate product cost information.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller on cost accounting issues.
- Manage the accounting and detailed reporting of all Factory cost centres, liaising with managers in the UK and Austria as and when required.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet Account reconciliations with regards to Raw Material and Finished Goods Stocks.
- Enter relevant monthly and budget/forecast data into LPCS.
- Ensure that procedures associated with the above responsibilities are in place and up to date.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial, operational and commercial exercises/information/reports.
WHMSYORKS REF: 16885722