Payroll Manager - Construction
5 days left
- Full Time
A specialist role, with responsibility for leadership of the Payroll Services including the centralised time and attendance team. The role has accountability for ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time, financial postings are accurate and that the company is compliant with all payroll associated regulatory requirements. The role requires expertise in managing delivery of multiple payrolls across a number of legal entities, with complex and varied employee terms and conditions.
This is a senior role which requires the ability to be forward thinking and able to react to changing priorities, also proactive in terms of stakeholder management. The incumbent will have previously working in a shared service environment and a proven track record in terms of service delivery and problem resolution.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the HSQE department
- Have a full practical understanding of the UK and Irish payroll
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation and entering of data
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes
- Pay employees by directing the production and issuance of pay-checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and non-taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation on income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, apprenticeships levy.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Proceeds payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies with HMRC requirements by studying existing new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, established personal networks, participating in professional groups.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains payroll staff and results by counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing relates results as needed.
Successful candidates will have a similar profile to:
- Methodical - orderly in action, thought and expression, accuracy
- Self-Confident - confident in own powers and strengths, credible
- Supportive - give encouragement and help others
- Responsive - quick to act
- Able to react quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Ability to maintain service delivery and manage change.
- Fully conversant with all payroll technical matters
- Aware of data protection responsibilities
Successful candidates will be given an offer of:
£65,000 - £70,000