Workflow Analyst- Pensions
3 days left
- Full Time
My client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps customers around the world turn risk into a path for growth. Their unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
- The role of the Workflow Analyst will be to enhance and maintain workflows used for the pension administration business.
- The candidate will need to liaise with the Business Analysis team, end users and third party service providers as appropriate.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working on large applications within the financial services industry
- Have a good working knowledge of the project lifecycle and be able to define and map a business process into a workflow.
- Experience of converting business requirements into high level technical solutions and specifications is essential.
- The successful candidate would have high level communication skills and be able to produce documentation to a high standard.
- The candidate must display high attention to detail and be able to establish effective working relationships with clients and/or business representatives.
- The candidate must be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure being aware of time constraints where appropriate such as legislative and/ or client driven deadlines.
- Work closely with clients and/or the business to identify and analyse core business processes and workflows
- Design functional workflows and system implementation of the workflows
- Facilitating workshops with SME's (Subject Matter Experts)
- Documentation of process and work flows
- Development of clear and detailed process maps and business requirements
- Identifying issues and risks
- Compile and maintain system test conditions and test cases reflecting requirements documentation. Execute test scripts against new system functionality to ensure that the system meets requirements. Regression test system where applicable
- Ideally, subject matter expert in Insurance and/or Pensions Administration Systems. The candidate must have strong technical skills in mapping a business process into a workflow
- Perform business process modelling using Visio to appropriate levels of detail (level 1, level 2, etc.) to ensure stakeholder agreement and support of the processes
- Design and produce technical specification for the implementation of the functional business process and corresponding workflows using in-house proprietary Workflow Management Software
- Scope business processes and facilitate process scoping and modelling sessions
- Author detailed business requirement and technical specification documents
- Deliver functional, technical, and system workflow specifications for complex business processes in a clear and concise manner
- Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- Develop use cases and perform testing coordination
- Provide support for user acceptance testing and participate in testing of new system functionality
- Collaborate with architects, developer and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Maintain system test documentation to ensure completeness.
- Identify, report and manage defects.
The essential skills for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience in development and support of Financial Services Applications is essential.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience as a Systems Analyst on large and complex projects within an insurance, claim processing or pensions industry.
- Strong skills in Process Mapping and Business Process Reengineering
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations, and ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Skilled at Business Process Analysis (to the degree that you can use an electronic tool such MS Visio to capture an as-is business process)
- Skilled at producing application and business requirements
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to extensively analyse business processes and workflows
- Experience facilitating workshops and focus groups
- Strong business/client engagement skills
- Relational Databases (to include having basic SQL Skills)
- GUI Design and Development
Highly desired but not essential: Experience of UNIX, Oracle and SQL.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days then your application has been unsuccessful.