My client is a successful website start-up, which launched 2 years ago and is now looking to rapidly expand over the next 18 months. Their current technology team joined as graduates and take pride in the knowledge that they have learned more in a year there, than they would have at a larger company.
As their Security Analyst, you will be building and releasing features onto their live platform within your first month and owning core parts of the platform.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for protecting the platform against threats, as well as ensuring the architecture is robust and monitored.
- Design and deployment of a security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Web application, server and infrastructure penetration testing and issue resolution (OWASP).
- Data aggregation and correlation of network, security, server, database and application logs.
- Design, deploy and maintain a monitoring dashboard and automated alerting system.
- Compliance, breach and forensic analysis monitoring and reporting.
- Design and build of scalable and robust architecture.
- User access policies and enforcement.
You will be responsible for the entire security system and application architecture, working directly with the Chief Technology Officer.
Their existing architecture contains the following dependencies:
- Elasticsearch / Kibana / Logstash / Beats
- Ubuntu / Nginx / Memcached / PHP7 / MySQL
- Laravel Framework / GitHub
- AWS S3 / SQS / SES
- Computing graduate
- Knowledge and understanding of: Cyber Security; Digital Forensics; Network Security; Information Retrieval; System Monitoring.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch will be an advantage.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants their contribution to make a difference and will enjoy the challenge of being part of a small start-up business.