Technical Sales Manager (South)
4 days left
- Full Time
TERRITORY: South East England
Biesse UK was founded in 1993, with the sole purpose of providing the best possible support to the UK woodworking industry in sales and service. This philosophy has never changed.
We are a subsidiary of Biesse Group S.P.A, based in Pesaro, Italy. Biesse is a world-leading manufacturer of high technology industrial machines for the woodworking, glass and stone processing industries. Our resources are reinforced by an organisation which constantly strives for excellence by investing in its own and employee’s futures through innovation and enterprise.
Biesse are seeking a credible and driven professional to join the Technical Sales Team. We offer world class manufacturing to gain a competitive market advantage.
Being the market leader for CNC equipment, our technologically advanced products, together with our 5 year warranty programme and unrivalled support infrastructure, gives you a genuine competitive advantage.
The territory covers an area broadly across the South East of England. Travel within the territory will be required, including some overnight stays and occasional exhibition duties. You will also be expected to visit our Italian based manufacturing facility from time to time. This is an exciting and varied role and core responsibilities include:
- Using the company CRM (Salesforce) to make and report an effective call plan to both existing and new customers in the given territory.
- Manage and control an active diary, within CRM (Salesforce), showing forward planning.
- Maintain, nurture and develop relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Visiting potential customers to prospect for new business and create new relationships.
- Cultivating existing relationships to use to promote new business activities -such as hosting reference site visits
- Negotiate price and terms within set parameters, being conscious of the impacts your decisions will make to both Biesse and the customer.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers' businesses and their specific needs and requirements.
- Show an ability to solve problems and make decisions independently in your scope of work.
- Review own sales performance, aiming to exceed targets.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts to the Commercial Manager
A strong candidate for this role will come from an engineering or technical background. You will also ideally have some or all of the following:
- Have a natural aptitude towards sales - even without formal sales training
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience of capital equipment or have an engineering bias
- A general interest and understanding in 'how things work’ and why!
- Self-motivated, driven and competitive
- A good fit for our culture
- Achievement of all agreed KPI’s
Salary and Benefits
At the Biesse Group, we know how hard our employees work and what a substantial contribution they make to business and because of this, we offer the people who join us a very attractive package.
- A package in excess of £50,000 per annum
- A starting salary of £24,000 - £28,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Full training and on-going support. (Including training and development visits to the Head Office in Italy)
- Strong support and commitment to Personal Development
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory leave)
- Generous bonus and commission plan
- Great working environment
- Fully expensed company car
- Mobile phone
- Private medical insurance
- Company pension
If your application is successful then you will be contacted to conduct a telephone interview.
We will be legally obliged to check your eligibility to work in the UK. Please check your eligibility before applying and ensure that you can provide the appropriate original documents.
Discovery ADR are the retained managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.