Senior Conference Producer - Large Events
To be considered for this role, applicants should have;
- A minimum of 5 years producing large conferences and / or exhibitions within legal or professional services.
- A good understanding of the mechanics behind large events and exhibitions and how successful events are produced and staged.
- A proven ability to identify, develop and roll out financially successful events from conception to completion.
- The ability to manage all aspects of conference production including (but not limited to) pre-event planning, event programming, content selection, speaker acquisition, speaker relations, delegate attraction, event marketing, on-site management, post-event evaluation and reporting.
- Complete end to end management of conferences including: full management of venues, facilities, suppliers, registration, delegates, AV & technical, transportation, exhibition & signage, stage set / design, crisis planning, health & safety, security and risk assessment.
- A proven record of researching, attracting and contracting speakers and suppliers.
- Strong experience supporting and working alongside sales and marketing teams.
- Setting & maintaining conference budgets as well as sourcing, negotiating and managing relationships with venues, suppliers and external vendors to achieve the highest standard of excellence and cost efficiencies.
- A proven ability to manage and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders
- A strong understanding of the legal and / or professional sectors as well as the ability to conduct in-depth research whilst keeping up to date with changes within the sector.
- A clear understanding of all conference & exhibition risk, health & safety, hospitality guidelines, compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
- Proven on-site conference management skills including organising staff, greeting speakers, running a multiple stage programme to a set schedule.
- The ability to be self-starting and to work without supervision.
- A confident phone manner, strong skills of persuasion and negotiation.
- The ability to think outside the circle and to bring new and exciting ideas to the table.
This role will be based from our head office in Chelmsford and will offer the right candidate both the opportunity to produce existing conferences whilst developing a range of new conferences within the legal sector. You will need to be proactive, resilient and extremely confident when dealing with clients at all levels.
You will need to have excellent time management skills, be motivated by achieving and exceeding targets and have an excellent command of English both written and verbal.
The basic salary for candidates with at least 5 years relevant experience will range from £28,000 - £36,000 p.a