1 day left
- Full Time
Red Recruitment are working with a well-established manufacturing business, based near Bridgend, who are looking to add an experienced Cost Accountant to their high performing team. This is a growing, international business that will offer exceptional opportunities to the right candidate.
The main body of the role is:
- Oversee product costing process.
- Internal review and audit of stock systems
- Margins Analysis by product and type
- Provide ad hoc reporting to sales teams regarding feasibility projects and product profitability.
- To assist in the development of the business ERP system (Syspro) with regard to product costing data and analysis.
- Understand the level and nature of overhead costs within the business in order to assist control of these costs and any apportionment to product as necessary.
- To understand, document and take ownership of costing processes, BOMs, structures and routings and therefore ensure that product data is accurate and controlled.
- To ensure robust and disciplined policies and procedures (as defined by the Finance Director) are implemented and followed with regard to initial set up and changes.
- To challenge costings, assumptions and scrap rates with Operations Department.
- To approve and sign off costings/amendment to costings as appropriate.
- To provide mentoring and development of costing team. To set goals and objectives in agreement with the Finance Director and monitor performance.
- To assist in the internal audit of stock, stock control.
- To assist in the analysis of stock; especially at month end; to derive a reasonable stock valuation.
- To review actual product margins - by brand and type.
- To investigate and report on unusual actual margin variances.
- To assist with the continued development of Syspro; including other projects as specified by the Finance Director.
- Any other tasks reasonably within the capability of the job holder.
- To act as a role model, demonstrating leadership behaviours which support the Company's vision, values, objectives and core strategies.
- Coach, mentor and lead the Product Set-Up team to achieve operational excellence and high levels of engagement and satisfaction.
- Day to day management of the Product Set-Up team.
- Ensure that all appropriate training and development for all staff is planned and delivered in order to meet both current and future operational requirements.
- Conduct and administer annual reviews for all direct reports and ensure that their personal development plan encourages employee contribution, includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Manage and monitor absence for all direct reports - conduct return to work discussions and ensure return to work proformas are completed.
- AAT Qualified or part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Manufacturing experience
- Excellent excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Line management experience