Head of Credit Risk
- Full Time
Vargo Recruitment is delighted to be working exclusively with ALD Automotive to recruit a Head of Credit Risk for their Bristol office.
Established in the UK in 1958, ALD Automotive has almost 60 years’ experience in vehicle leasing and fleet management for both corporate and consumer markets. They ensure quality mobility solutions for companies of all sizes. They stand beside you from selecting the right vehicle, throughout the entire agreement with award-winning support services, until the vehicle is returned.
ALD Automotive is the leader in vehicle leasing operations in Europe and manages over 1.4 million vehicles across 41 countries worldwide. Through their vast international network, ALD Automotive provides customers with total fleet management flexibility - from pure financing of cars to comprehensive outsourcing operations. Placing customer satisfaction at the core of its strategy, ALD Automotive provides fleet managers and drivers with innovative tools and services to make their everyday business easier and meet new challenges.
This is a newly created opportunity to join the ALD team as a Head of Credit Risk. Due to a recent restructure and focus on consumer credit, ALD is keen to recruit an experienced Head of Credit Risk to manage all credit risk activity across the business.
As the Head of Credit Risk, you will be responsible for the management and monitoring of credit risk for both the corporate and consumer markets. The role will work closely with the Finance Director and Operational Risk Manager and be responsible for setting and guiding all credit risk requirements.
- Oversee and monitor all company credit risk requirements including; setting credit risk policies, managing a team of 40 credit professionals and representing the Credit Department at senior management meetings
- Analysing and continuously monitoring credit policies, recommending improvements where necessary to adhere to company and regulatory requirements
- Offer thought leadership to the business and engage with external bodies to set "industry leading" credit risk policies
- Continue with system and process developments, to achieve business targets on the automation of digital credit risk decision making. Ensure that ALD Automotive has a market leading credit risk decision-making vehicle
- Build upon ALD’s credit risk scoring processes and utilise a continuous improvement methodology to ensure that the policies remain in line with regulatory and business requirements
- Day-to-day management of the Credit Risk team ensuring they provide a market leading service to the ALD business
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met adhered to and carry out regular audits to ensure continuous compliance
- Regularly meet with the senior management team to understand any changes in business strategy and ensure that the Credit Risk strategy is in line with any changes
- Work to tight deadlines and react quickly to the growth strategy of the ALD business
Desired Background & Experience
- Seasoned credit risk professional who has experience of managing a large team
- Solid financial services background with an emphasis on consumer and commercial credit risk
- Educated to degree level or hold a relevant appropriate professional qualification
- Ability to understand and analyse data
- A thought leader, that enjoys a hands-on approach to understanding business requirements and guiding the development of the credit risk policy
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with all areas of the business
- Significant Credit Risk experience
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines