Assistant Accountant - Part qualified CIMA/ACCA
1 day left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Part Qualified Assistant Accountant on a full time, permanent basis. Study supported (CIMA/ACCA) by the employer, this is an excellent role for someone in the early stages of their accounting career looking for a prosperous and varied role within a dynamic manufacturing business, based in West Cumbria.
Supporting the Group Financial Controller and finance team with the preparation of accounts across three individual divisions within a successful and growing Group organisation.
- Preparation of Manufacturing accounts and reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Maintain the purchase ledger on a daily basis, including liaise with suppliers regarding account queries.
- Check debtor report and follow up debts.
- Monitor creditor report and processing payment run.
- Weekly wages and monthly salary payments and the PAYE liability and other statutory payments, including the monthly pension payments.
- Post and pay expenses.
- Monthly EC sales list and intrastate return.
- Raise sales invoices.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT returns and complete the payment liabilities.
- Company banking - banking cheques, cash and euro transfer letters.
- General accounts administration, including the filing of accounts data.
Experience and qualifications sought:
- It is essential that applicants are Part Qualified CIMA or ACCA - with the relevant experience commensurate with 2 + years study.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing company or similar is advantageous.
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel (pivots, look ups, conditional formatting), Word and Sage 200.
- Good analytical skills with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills at all levels to assist non finance managers and personnel with financial control procedures - written and verbal.
- Highly organised with good calendar management and planning skills to ensure completion of accounts reporting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and at a pace commensurate with reporting deadlines and the peaks of manufacturing business periods.
- Good team player with a commitment to provide support to Finance team and internal colleagues.
- Professional approach with high levels of integrity when dealing with personal data and salary information.
- Commitment to personal development and qualification, with the ability to work under own initiative.
Salary and benefits:
£25,000 + study support towards ACCA/CIMA
Company pension scheme with 4% employer contribution
23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours (Typically 8.30-4.30 or 9-5)