Financial Controller - SME
- Full Time
Are you currently the Finance Manager or Financial Controller for an SME and ready to take the next step? If so then please read on.
Accountancy Action is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller working in the accounts department of a multi-award winning telecoms business based in the City of London.
A leading and award winning telecoms business offering a number of different solutions for business users based in a brilliant central London location.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the management and financial accounting, supervising 1 member of staff, and in due course assume full control of all financial aspects for the company. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller role will cover, but not be limited to, the following duties:
- Maintain full accounting and business records for all of the companies within the group
- Business Partnering with budget holders/department managers and providing commercial insight
- Reports on a monthly basis in accordance with policies and procedures
- Comply with external audit requirements
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Statutory and fiscal reporting
- Revenue recognition and preparing commission files
- Balance sheet reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Implement and access internal control procedures
- Weekly cash flow forecasts/management.
- Training/development of finance staff
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement change
- Deputise, and ad hoc duties, for the Finance Director
Our client is looking for someone talented and outgoing, currently working as the Financial Controller for a smaller business and is keen to take their career to the next level working for a bigger business.
Candidates must be Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or a passed finalist, with excellent communication skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate business partnering across the business dealing with non-finance professionals. In addition candidates must show that they can manage/develop staff. Finally any applicants should be able to commute easily into the City of London.
What's on Offer
This is great role that will act as a superb platform for an ambitious candidate to progress their career and as such there will be ongoing development provided the Finance Director and CFO. The role is offering a competitive overall package for companies of this size and stature
Please apply TODAY should you have the relevant skills!
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Accountancy Action Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.