Technical Support Advisor
Would you like to work for one of the UK's fastest growing companies? How about a Company that will pay you up to 25% on top of your salary for simply providing great customer service? And how about a Company of around 1,000 staff that believes so strongly in internal progression that most of its Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers (and even two of its Directors) began their careers here as Customer Service Advisors?
Well if you do then you have come to the right place!
Utility Warehouse is the UK’s only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced utility services, spanning both the communications and energy markets. We have led the way in the de-regulated utilities sector, providing our largely domestic customer base with the unique convenience of a single monthly bill for all of their utilities, and exceptional levels of customer service.
Despite being one of the UK's fastest growing companies with turnover of over £600m, you may not have heard of us. We do not advertise but instead rely on the 'word of mouth' recommendations of our existing satisfied customers to grow our market share. We have over half a million energy customers, and with less than 2% of the UK market have a hugely exciting future.
With our stunning and modern network headquarters being based in Colindale, North West London, we are easily accessible via the Northern Line and are a short drive from the North London, Middlesex and Hertfordshire areas.
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse we offer people stability, career progression and a workplace that still has that family feel which you don’t often see in larger companies.
We also offer a competitive salary of £20,730, a great bonus structure of up to 25% of salary (OTE £26,000), and a benefits package including 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount and much more!
About the role
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a customer focussed, hardworking and technical individual to join our Technical Customer Services Team. The role will be to troubleshoot issues relating to Landline, Broadband, Mobile, VOIP, E-mail/Web Mail services.
The role will be to troubleshoot issues relating to Landline, Broadband, Mobile, VOIP, E-mail/Web Mail services.
- Landline - Troubleshoot issues relating to making and receiving calls, use of service calling features, and reporting line faults to our 2nd line support team and network provider for further investigation
- Broadband - Troubleshoot issues affecting service operation such as authentication, connectivity, and service performance along with LAN & WLAN networks
- Mobile - Troubleshoot issues relating to coverage, mobile data browsing/usage, making and receiving calls, roaming, additional service features such as voicemail access/retrieval and handset troubleshooting
- VOIP - Troubleshoot issues affecting service configuration, operation and performance (QOS)
- E-mail/Webmail - Configuration of E-mail clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, Thunderbird using the protocols IMAP/POP3/SMTP and providing guidance and support on our web mail platform
Experience working for a Telecommunications provider in a Technical Support role would be advantageous, but not essential as we will accept applications from people who have experience and knowledge of troubleshooting IT/Networking issues.
Our Technical Customer Service Team is open between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday and 9am to 4:30pm on Saturdays.
If you think this could be you, and that you would enjoy working in a busy but buzzy Technical Customer Service Team, then you could be right for us and we look forward to receiving your application.