At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Central Business Intelligence and & Reporting Team here at Direct Line Group (DLG) for a Data Platform Administrator. This is a permanent position based in either our head office in Bromley or sister site in Leeds.
The Business Intelligence & Reporting Team is an organisational structure that integrates the business and information technology resources to strengthen DLG's response to rapidly developing reporting requirements; it provides the structure to improve the service delivery to the Business Intelligence user community.
The team is there to create standardisation in architecture, requirement definition, design, build, governance, deployment and ongoing support including business change.
Your responsibility will be to support the development teams, analyst teams and end-user community by ensuring the technology they depend upon is reliable, efficient and well governed. You will be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and involved at all levels of both the technology stack and supporting processes. Senior roles are available for candidates with the right experience.
What being an Platform Administrator involves
- Conduct day to day administration tasks for data platforms (SAS 9.2/9.3/9.4 EBI, Windows Server, UNIX, Qlik Sense)
- Support the strategic implementation of updates & patches to software
- Support the monitoring of hardware performance & reliability
- Perform system back-up activities along with storage planning
- Manage & test disaster recovery strategies
- Manage user security and user configuration for data applications
- Own, manage & resolve all platforms related issues.
- Engage with IT and 3rd party vendors
- Extend and share expertise across the team
- Provide 2nd line support and assist 1st line support staff as required
- Collaborate with the user community to resolve queries
- Maintain and evolve processes and supporting documentation
- Support and control the route to live process to ensure the integrity of critical environments is maintained
- Manage batch scheduling to obtain efficient hardware utilisation
Skills we are looking for
- Experience in an administrative capacity for a server-based data technology, ideally ETL/MI/Analysis Platforms
- Experience scripting in one of the following environments: UNIX, Windows
- Understanding of a software development lifecycle
- Installation and administration experience for SAS 9.4 EBI/VA
- Large platform migration experience
- Planning and solution design for strategic technology solutions
- Proven technology leadership skills