Sous Chef Production
Job Summary/ Scope of the role:
- Reporting to the Executive Chef /Exec. Sous chef for the unit, the Sous Chef assists the the Exec. Chef/Exec. Sous Chef in supervising the kitchen and producing melas for the airline customers.
- Provides culinary expertise and leadership; promotes quality food services and ensures food safety and sanitation requirements are followed.
- Acts as a culinary shift leader in hot or cold kitchen.
- Drives the food production effort with the assistance of the Chefs/Kitchen workers in the kitchen.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring food specifications and labor objectives meet all Company and customer requirements.
- Supervises department for quality and quantity; ensures items are produced and dated according to specification, and coding system is adhered to correctly (i.e - FDA, USDA, HAACP and other governmental regulations).
- Keeps account of attendance, sets up paperwork, sets up each shift and assigns employees to specified sections (schedule optimization).
- Orders raw material from storeroom and produces extra meals at last minute as needed.
- Prepares daily production sheet and assigns tasks to employees; works with and directs employees through the use of the production sheet and passenger counts.
- Responsible for all food items after requisitioning them from the storeroom; training and recurrent training of all employees on proper procedures of preparation.
- Ensures safety procedures are adhered to; maintain cleanliness through shift to ensure quality product.
- To assist with menu development.
- Resolve operational issues in a cost effective, timely and sustainable manner.
- To assist in meeting Production targets as set by Line Managers.
- Trains and monitors employees on proper work procedures and production of products.
- Monitors daily manpower planning and employee turnover.
- Conducts daily food checks to insure consistency in production.
- Hold daily Shift briefings in the kitchen.
- Good understanding of Food manufacturing and processes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Innovative and pro-active Thinker
- Customer Focused
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to train others required.
- Experience with menu design a plus.
- Basic computer skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in the Culinary Arts or a related field, (formal culinary education) required.
- Certification as CCC from ACF, ProChef II or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years as a Sous Chef required.
- Minimum 7 years as a Chef required.
- Previous supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, and restaurant or catering environment preferred.
- In-flight catering experience or experience in a high-volume food service environment preferred.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Completed vocational training in culinary and related hygiene course
- Management/Leadership qualification an advantage
Language / Communication Skills:
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in the local language.
- Basic English in written and oral essential
- Multilingual a plus