Product Developer, gift and games company
Product Developer, gift and games, Up to £28,000 depending on experience
Are you a talented Product Developer? Do you have extensive New Product Development and Far East experience? Is so, this could be the perfect role for you!
We are working with an exciting gift and games product design company that supplies their fabulous products to retailers including the likes of John Lewis, Selfridges and Sainsbury’s along with hundreds of independent gift shops in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
You will be overseeing the development of products at all stages of the product life cycle and working closely with the Product, Design and Technical teams on all New Product Development projects.
A typical day in the life of this Product Developer role will include:
- Briefing the design team on new product development.
- Identifying key trends/ gaps in the market for new product development.
- Helping to identify product improvements for existing products.
- Managing the product from concept through to delivery.
- Attending customer meetings with Account Managers where necessary.
- Briefing factories clearly with product specifications, negotiating pricing and ordering samples.
- Working with the Technical director to ensure Products comply with all requirements.
- Placing PIs with factories.
- Working with the design team to create artwork for customer orders.
- Proof checking artwork; ensuring the contents, product imagery, barcodes, product codes and batch codes are all correct.
- Creating and reviewing product and packaging specifications to be sent to the factory.
- Ensure all pre-production and production samples are organised and signed off internally and externally.
- Visiting factories to discuss product development and checking stock.
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and Far East.
- Comparative shopping on a regular basis to check own product in store and keep an eye on the competition.
Knowledge, qualifications and experience needed for this Product Developer role:
- Ideally at least 2 years’ experience working for a Gift company in a similar role.
- Must have past experience working with the Far East.
- Must have experience dealing with major retailers such as Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Debenhams, etc.
- Expectations, skills and behaviours.
- A pro-active and driven approach.
- Organised with excellent attention to detail.
- A natural problem solver.
- Confident in dealing with suppliers and customers.
- English to business level standard.
For a chat out this Product Developer role please get in touch with Lucy Earing and send your CV today!