Gas Operatives (NCO1)
3 days left
- Full Time
Gas Operatives (NCO1)
Starting salary of £18,920, progressing to £21,022 on successful completion of training, plus standby and overtime payments.
Falkirk/Stirling, Edinburgh, Galashiels, Irvine, Motherwell, Kilsyth/Kirkintilloch/Cumbernauld, Glasgow.
Hours: 38.75 hours/week basic
Closing date: 31 July 2017
Employment Type: Permanent
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking people to become qualified NCO1 Gas Operatives.
Who we are
SGN manage the network that distributes natural and green gas to 5.9 million homes and businesses across Scotland and the south of England. Whoever your supplier is, our pipes deliver gas safely, reliably and efficiently to every one of our customers. It’s your gas, in our network.
What training will I be given?
If you are not already NC01 trained, all the necessary training will be provided.
About the role
• As part of a team, you will work on the maintenance and repair of our gas mains and services.
• The job is physically demanding, involving excavating / digging in the public highway.
• We use field based systems so you must be able to use a computer.
• You will demonstrate high standards of safety and technical competence in everything you do.
• You will display excellent customer services skills at all times.
• You will be flexible and willing to work variable hours, participating in a 24-hour standby rota.
Do you have what we are looking for?
• Are you conscientious, self-driven and have a strong work ethic?
• Can you demonstrate excellent communicative and interpersonal skills?
• Do you have a full and valid driving licence?
What will I get in return?
• Great potential for further training and progression in the Company. We value our people.
• Excellent benefits scheme including pension scheme, sick pay scheme, retailer discounts, child care vouchers and salary sacrifice car scheme.
• The opportunity to join one of the largest gas distribution companies in the UK.
• You will be part of an award winning, progressive company with a commitment to developing an equal, diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note that subject to business requirements we may require you to work a rota that includes between 4 to 6 'normaldays’ per week covering Mondays to Saturdays (Saturdays being classed as a normal working day); or 4 longer days (up to 11 hours each) per week under a rota covering Mondays to Saturdays. We reserve the right to include Sundays as part of this rota in the future if this becomes a business necessity as a result changes forced upon us by external sources.